aloo chaat (potato salad)2015-06-23
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
- Potatoes(peeled & cut into 1 cm cubes) 750 g
- Mint leaves(chopped) 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves(chopped) 3 tbsp
- Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Green chilli(finely chopped) 1
- Water 100 ml
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Red onion(finely chopped) 1
- Pomegranate seeds to garnish
Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted water for 8-10 minutes or until just tender. Drain, cool thoroughly, and palce in a large, shallow serving dish. Palce the coriander and mint leaves, green chilli, chilli powder and lemon juice in a small food processor with the measurd water and blend until fairly smooth.
Pour this mixture over the potatoes and stir in the onions. Season and toss to mix well. Serve cold or at room temperature, garnish with pomegranate seeds.