- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 2m
- Cook Time : 4:00 h
- Ready In : 4:02 h
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Mexican seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
Season stew meat with salt and pepper and place in a 4-quart slow cooker. Add onion, green chiles, and bacon. In a small bowl, whisk together tomato puree, Mexican seasoning, chili powder, and beef broth. Pour into slow cooker and stir thoroughly.
Cover and cook on high setting for 4 to 6 hours. Garnish and serve.