Punjabi Palak Paneer (Punjabi style Spinach and Cheese)2015-01-30
- Servings : 2-4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
- 1 large bunch or 4 cups chopped Spinach - Palak
- 1/2 cup Paneer cubed into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4-5 cloves crushed Garlic
- 1/2 inch Ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala (optional)
- 1-2 small Green Chillies, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- Salt as required
- 2 tablespoons + for deep frying Oil or Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri Methi Dry Fenugreek Leaves
- 1/3 cup + 1/4 cup Water
Clean and wash spinach in water to remove any soil . Blanch the spinach by boiling it in salted water for 2 minutes.Drain it using strainer. Immediately transfer drained spinach in to cold water for a minute.
Drain water and blend blanched spinach with ginger, green chillies and 1/4 cup water using mixer and make a puree.
Heat oil or ghee in pan. Deep fry paneer cubes over medium heat until they turn light brown. Transfer them to a plate and keep aside. You can remove excess ghee or oil from it by placing them on absorbent kitchen paper napkin.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil or ghee in another medium size pan, add finely chopped onion and sauté on low heat until it turns light brown or translucent. Add crushed garlic and sauté for 20-25 seconds.
Add spinach puree, garam masala and salt; Stir and cook for couple of minutes. Add 1/3 cup water; mix well and bring it to boil over low heat. Stir occasionally in between.
When gravy starts to boil, add fried paneer cubes and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add lemon juice, kasuri methi and mix well. Turn off the heat and mix milk cream. Serve hot with tandoori roti, plain paratha or butter naan.